The two main things that convinced me to move EXP off of WordPress are:
- The writing in EXP is terrible and needs to be subjected to a docs as code rewrite.
- The data in EXP is open source but inaccessible due to design
- To convert a table from WP EXP to Python is very difficult.
- To convert a table from AsciiDoc EXP to Python is a breeze
I am not hacking on WP. It is the open source publishing foundation of the intertubes. I would recommend everyone starting out to use it. However, WP does not fit into my long term goals of an open access, accessible, revisionable, and forkable rule set.
- HTML, JS and CSS (fluency required)
And this is before learning AsciiDoc.
Short term hell for long term swell.